Is there a juicing recipe for beautiful skin? Yes, at least you might become more attractive by drinking this juice. Most people don’t know that these beauty ingredients are available basically in every grocery store.
How juicing makes you more beautiful?Most people think that juicing vegetables and fruits just makes them more healthier, increasing energy and gives anti-aging benefits and so on. However, there is not many people who know that juicing can also make them more beautiful. But how juicing actually make you look more beautiful?
Answer: It’s been clearly proven by science that increasing consumption of carotenoid-rich fruit and vegetables actually changes your skin color, just a weeks. In the eyes of others, this carotenoid glow will look healthier and more attractive.
For example, this study investigated that does increase in vegetables and fruit consumption change your skin appearance:
“Six-week changes in fruit and vegetable consumption were significantly correlated with changes in skin redness and yellowness over this period, and diet-linked skin reflectance changes were significantly associated with the spectral absorption of carotenoids and not melanin.” – Study
But why people see “carotenoid glow” faces more attractive? Another study examined that:
“In the current study, we show that colour associated with skin blood perfusion and oxygenation affects the healthy appearance of human faces. Attractiveness, thought to signal underlying health, and strongly related to perceived health is a major factor in human mate choice, particularly by men. It is likely, therefore, that the enhanced health appearance associated with increased skin blood colour and oxygenation colour has consequences for attractiveness and mate choice.” – Study
Scientists believe that humans have a hard-wired ability to pick a healthy mate on skin color tone, which is affected by diet, skin blood perfusion, cardiovascular health, and oxygenation. That’s why humans are subconscious more attracted to those who have healthy “carotenoid glow” in their skins.
This is a similar mechanism to men subconscious ability to seek out curvy women, who most likely have the ideal hormone levels to give birth to a healthy baby.
Most people falsely believe that it is the tanned skin that looks healthy and attractive to others people’s eyes. However, the skin’s melanin content does not tell anything about your health to others. Well, other than, that you’re slightly better protected from UV-damage from the sun and are at risk of vitamin D deficiency (because the darker the skin, the harder it is for vitamin D to form on your skin from sunlight exposure).
Who can benefit?
The best part is that everyone can benefit from this. The glowing skin effect works on every human and gender, your original skin color doesn’t matter. In other words, everyone can become more attractive by upping carotenoid-rich food consumption, and within weeks others will see as you more attractive.
For the most people juicing is the easiest way to increase your vegetable and fruit consumption. And yes, you have to use the real carotenoid-rich vegetables or fruits, as there are no carotenoid supplements that would work alone (according to this study).
Juicing recipe for beautiful skin
For this juicing recipe, I picked these carotenoid-rich vegetables, which are available in almost every grocery store. But in the end, it doesn’t really matter which carotenoid-rich vegetables you pick to your beautiful skin juice. Let’s take a deeper look on ingredients of this juicing recipe for beautiful skin. What they actually do to your health?
Here is the juicing recipe for beautiful skin:
– 1 Apple
– 1 Beetroot
– 1 Tomato
– 2 Carrot
– Half lemon
– Spinach 1.76 oz. (50g)
– Kale 1.76 oz. (50g)
Beautiful skin juice science
- Kale – was chosen to this juicing recipe for beautiful skin for a reason. Kale is one of the most nutrient dense foods in the earth. Meaning, that kale is one of the best foods to cramp up your carotenoid levels to make your skin more beautiful. But that’s not all, kale is also high in skin protecting flavonoids and antioxidants (1, 2). Kale is also the superstar in cardiovascular department. More precisely, kale contains components that can lower your bad cholesterol levels. This is actually proven with the human study: daily consumption of kale juice (150ml) for 12 weeks, lowered bad cholesterol LDL 10% and increased the good cholesterol HDL by 27% (3).
For a beauty usage it’s wise to use raw kale or juice it, as raw has more antioxidants, polyphenols, and carotenoids (study). But its seems that if your main goal is to improve cholesterol levels you should light steam cook kale (study).
- Apple – For most people apples might seem to be boring general fruit not worth even eating. But when you look real scientifical studies about apples and especially their peels, you notice you are dealing with a super healthy thing. You might have heard the saying: “an apple a day keeps the doctor away” and think that’s just a bunch of bullshit. But if you look at the recent studies, you’ll start to notice that saying is not that far-fetched.
Big Finnish study found out that apple intake was associated with an all cause lower mortality and mortality from ischemic heart disease, also lower risk of lung cancer, type 2 diabetes, and asthma. Another study from Finland showed apple consumption decreased risk of a thrombotic stroke. Amazing results from Finland, even though most Finnish people are peeling their apples, which tremendously reduce beneficial components of apples.
Lately its been found that apple peels contain urolic acid, which has been show reduce obesity and increase muscle mass, in animal studies. One serving of apple has antioxidant activity equal to 1500 mg of vitamin C. This antioxidant activity comes mainly from apple’s healthy phytochemicals, phenolic acids, flavonoids, catechins and favonols, not from vitamin C. (sources 1, 2, 3, 4, 5).
Always try to buy your apples organic, as apples have the most pesticides on average. Currently apple’s are number 2 on EWG’s dirty dozen list (list of pesticides residue). For this juice recipe, I used apple as its easily available anywhere in the world. But generally speaking, it might be better to eat those apples. Juicing apples actually lowers its antioxidants and you won’t get full benefits from its peels also.
Of course, there are a lot more studies where apples have reduced a risk of different diseases. However, I’ve linked just a few so that the article does not become too long. If you’re interested in this subject read:
“Exposure to apples and apple products has been associated with beneficial effects on risk, markers, and etiology of cancer, cardiovascular disease, asthma, and Alzheimer’s disease. Recent work suggests that these products may also be associated with improved outcomes related to cognitive decline of normal aging, diabetes, weight management, bone health, pulmonary function, and gastrointestinal protection.” – A Comprehensive Review of Apples and Apple Components and Their Relationship to Human Health
- Beetroot – is particularly good in cardiovascular health point of view. Beetroot is found to lower blood pressure and contains inflammation lowering components like betaine and folic acid. Studies has shown that beetroot juice improve exercise performance and brain health in older adults. (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9).
- Tomato – is one of the rare fruits that changes to healthier when you juice it. Juicing tomato improves its antioxidant capacity and phytonutrient availability (1).
If you look tomato from anti-aging perception, lycopene actually makes your skin less affect by the photodamage (2). On the looks department, tomato juice seems help to reduce body fat (3, 4). Lycopene might also prevent cardiovascular disease (5, 6, 7)
- Carrot – Everyone knows that carrot is high in “the good vision” vitamin A which comes from carrot’s naturally occurring beta-carotene. But what it actually does? From beauty angle: carrot might protect the skin from UV-damage, but is not as effective as lycopene (proven by many studies 1, 2, 3, 4, 5).
For general health: carrot seems to protecting against cardiovascular diseases, according to Finnish study (6). Good news for men also, eating carrots might reduce your risk of prostate cancer, according to study (2).
Carrot juice was one of the main ingredients in study where Asian people got the beautiful golden glow in just 4 weeks.
- Lemon – was used in this beautiful skin juicing recipe to balance its taste, otherwise it could taste too sugary. If you juice daily, it might be a good idea to flush your mouth with water after drinking juice that contains lemon. The citric acid in lemons may damage tooth enema if you drink it daily and don’t flush your mouth with water after.
Using drinking straw will avoid this problem. Personally I use reusable stainless steel drinking straws when drinking lemon juice.
- Spinach – should be also available almost anywhere in the world, but if you can’t find it, just use double amount of kale. From general health perception spinach is high vitamin K, which dietary intake is associated with a reduced risk of cardiovascular diseases, certain cancers, and even all-cause mortality. Spinach is also high in chlorophyll and naturally occurring nitrates like a beetroot.
Beauty juicing conclusion
It’s well-studied and proven by a many of studies that you can get more beautiful looking skin by adding more carotenoid high foods to your diet. For most people juicing is the easiest way to do this.
It takes just 15-20 minutes to do and drink this beauty juice. It is incredible that most women spend more time on applying make-up than they’d spend on daily juicing to get the constant beautiful glow to their skin. Juicing also gives the health benefits and anti-aging effects, while makeup does not. After 4-6 weeks of juicing carotenoid high foods your skin start to change more attractive and the results is pretty much permanent if you continue to juice.
Of course you can also eat these vegetables, but most people find it hard to consume bowls of vegetables daily and just won’t do it. For most people investing to a juicer is an easier choice.
Those who are planning to juice a lot of kale and other green leafy vegetables, it’s suggested to go straight for a high quality masticating juicer (for example: Omega masticating juicer is currently the best value juicer for a kale and other green leafy vegetables. However, for those who are just interested doing a short-term juicing experiment for beauty, you can do that just fine with The “best buy” Hamilton centrifugal juicer.